Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The best eraser.

In my professional opinion, the best eraser you can get is the Staedtler Mars Plastic eraser. Now, some may say that maybe a kneaded eraser is better, but I stand by my view that the Mars eraser is far superior than the kneaded eraser. Here is why: The kneaded eraser gets real dirty, real fast. One may say that the advantage is that there is no eraser "dust", but in my opinion, this is just evidence that the garbage you are trying to get rid of is staying in your eraser, which makes it necessary to get a new one. With the Mars eraser, you are erasing the pencil, then blowing it or wiping it away, thus leaving less graphite on the actual eraser, which will provide a cleaner erase next time you use it. Also, I tend to knead the kneaded erasers kind of like a nervous tick when they are in my hand, and it ends up transferring dirt onto my hands, which is not good for all of the "cleanest hands in the office" contest... I don't know what that means. Anyway, here is a picture of the magnificent eraser.

No comments: