Sunday, December 28, 2008

Gourmet Ramen Noodles

So here it is. I think most people prepare Ramen noodles incorrectly. That is to say, that most people follow the instructions on the package, which produces sub-par ramens. Here i will outline the correct way to prepare Ramens which is the most tastiest.
1) Boil water as normal, and cook for a couple minutes. Don't overcook! Nothing is nastier than a slimy Ramen. In fact, take it off the heat sooner if you have to.
2) DO NOT ADD THE SEASONING PACKET. Don't put it in the water, just boil the noodles without the packet.
3) Place the noodle into a bowl, with very little water. I'm talking 1/3 cup, maybe 1/4 cup. you just need enough water to coat the noodles.
4) Add the packet to your noodles and stir it up. The very little water added will act as a lubricant for the seasoning and it covers the noodles nicely.
5) Enjoy!
What we have done here, is created the noodles with a nice coating of the seasoning, so you get maximum amount of flavor, rather than watered down soup with the noodles.
If you are daring you can add other things like Teriyaki sauce, or a Garlic sauce or garlic salt, or cayenne pepper, or soy sauce.. it's your choice. Now you have made gourmet ramen noodles. try it out, and let me know how it goes.

oh yeah, I have been eating Ramens a lot this week cause of my wisdom teeth extractions... that's why I posted this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love my ramens this way! i too hate the slime and juice. how is the lack of extra teeth anyway?

Grant and Stacy said...

That's how my husband eats them too! I personally like the water down broth, but both are good.

Frawggy said...

do a google search for "Gourmet Ramen Noodles" and this blog is the 6th entry.

Michael Murdock said...

That is so awesome.